Procedures Resource Center Plastic Surgeon Info Contact Us Forum Blog Videos Home


DylansMommie Avatar on


DylansMommie's Story

  • Height: 5'3 1/2

  • Weight: 98 lbs

  • Age: 24

  • Pre-Breast Augmentation: 32A

  • Post-Breast Augmentation: 32DD

  • Two Breast Augmentations


For those of you who are considering having a breast augmentation, I have to tell's the best thing I ever done for myself.  I have had two breast augmentations within the last year, the reason for my second surgery was because I was boarder line needing a lift, my surgeon didn't tell me that the first time and I came out with "snoopy boobs" after the first surgery.  So, any of you that are faced with the decision "to lift or not to lift" advice would be to go ahead and do it, you don't want to end up having to go through another surgery if you don't have to. 

Here is my story.........



First Breast Augmentation ~ November 21, 2007

  • 275cc Mentor Silicone, under the muscle, crease incision $5,600.00

My mother drove me to my doctor's office to have my surgery.  The doctor had given me a patch to wear behind my ear to help keep me from getting nauseous and I think it helped calm my nerves because I was extremely calm.  The surgery went well and I was in little pain when I woke up.  I was given Lortab 5 mg for pain and I was taking one every 3 - 4 hours.  The ride home from surgery was a little uncomfortable but not unbearable (I took a pillow with me to hold onto in case there were any bumps in the road, which helped a lot).  That night I was very talkative and was feeling great, I stayed at my mom's house for the first two nights so she could help out if I needed anything and help w/ my son who was 6 at the time.


On the third day I drove home (I don't recommend driving that soon though) I only live a couple of streets away from my Mom's house so it wasn't that bad but I wouldn't have been able to drive on a main road or make a sharp turn.  The only complaint I had during recovery is that I was constipated and bloated for about a week due to the pain medication.  I have a strenuous job that requires a lot of lifting and pulling, I took a week and 1/2 off from work and I was fine when I went back but I should have took at least two weeks. 


A few weeks went by and my breasts just didn't look normal...I was starting to worry.  It looked like the implant was too high and my breast (what little I had) was hanging off the implant.  I stressed my concern to my doctor and he said that I just needed to be patient and give it about 6 months to see my final results and that they should "drop" and look normal.  By the time I was 4 1/2 months post op and my breasts still had not changed any, I called his office and told them that I needed to come in because the still hadn't changed any and they looked awful.  When I went in for my appointment the doctor agreed with me...they didn't look right.  He said that I was boarder line needing a lift before surgery (thanks for telling me now) and that I would need a lift in order to achieve a normal look.  I was not happy with the size either so I asked him about going larger as well if I decided to do the lift.  He said that since I am so petite that he didn't want to go much larger but agreed that he would.  We agreed that I should have a full anchor lift and go larger so I set up my surgery date and paid the money.



Redo Breast Augmentation ~ June 21, 2008

  • Full anchor lift - 450 cc Mentor Silicone, under the muscle $9,650.00

Once again my mother drove me to have my surgery.  It took a little longer this time since the lift is more complicated to do than just implants but the surgery went well and the pain wasn't bad at all.  I decided not to take the pain medication this time since it caused constipation the last time so instead I just took Extra Strength Tylenol, it worked great and I didn't have any constipation.  I still had a little of the bloating but not as bad as the first time.  I stayed with my mother the first two nights after surgery.  The only problem that I had was that I forgot to take my antibiotic on the second day and I woke up in the middle of the night and took it on an empty stomach...needless to say, I woke up the next morning sick to my stomach and throwing up the whole day!  The recovery from the second surgery was a whole lot easier than the first surgery...I felt almost completely normal within a week and I had to keep reminding myself not to overdo it.  I returned to work after 2 weeks and was completely back to normal. 


I am a little more than 3 months post-op from my redo right now and I am very happy with my results!  My only regret is that I wish I could have gotten what I wanted the first time.  And I have to admit....I would like to go larger again (someday)!    I hope you enjoyed reading my story and I hope it can be of some help to someone!  If you have any questions for me, feel free to contact me on the forum!  My name is: Dylansmommie, I have pictures that I am willing to share....just let me know if you are interested in seeing them!

Back to Member Stories


Copyright - - A Cosmetic Surgery Support Network